Monday, June 28, 2010

Teen Choice Awards: Sophia Bush wants a surfboard to auction for Gulf Oil Disaster


----

sophia-bush-teen-choice.jpg"One Tree Hill" star Sophia Bush is nominated for a 2010 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress in the drama category. She's been nominated for six TCAs in the past, and this time, if she wins, it'll benefit victims of the Gulf Oil Disaster, which Sophia has been passionately speaking up about.

"It's been many years now since the last time I won a surfboard," she tells Zap2it. Not that many -- in 2007, Bush won for Choice Movie Actress: Comedy for "John Tucker Must Die", and for "The Hitcher" she took home both Choice Movie Actress: Horror/Thriller and Breakout Female Actress.

"There were three categories that I won in, so way to go, fans!" she says. "Back then I thought I'd really like to auction one off, but one surfboard with three plaques on it came to my house. I gave that surfboard to my mom, because, you know, my parents raised me and it's all because of them that I have the opportunity to do what I love. It was my first award ever, so that went to my mom."

If fans get her the win this year, Sophia won't be sending the surfboard to her parents. "When I found out I was nominated again this year, I said, 'Alright, that's it.' I don't need another one, and my parents certainly don't need another one, so if I win this surfboard, I'm going to sign it and I'm going to put it up on CharityBuzz, and I will auction it off for the victims of the oil spill."

She's not stopping there, either. "I want to raise as much money as possible. I'll get every single person that I've been working with on this to sign it. Austin [Nichols] and Ian [Somerhalder] and anyone else who cares to support it. Look, I don't care. I'll drag it over to Ryan Seacrest's office and shamelessly carry it around to get it signed. We'll auction it off to benefit Global Green because they're really the ones getting the money into the hands of the people who need it, and any other reputable organization that's using the money properly."

Global Green is a cause close to Sophia's heart. "I'm so in awe of what they're doing, not just in rescue efforts, but in ensuring that we have a greener future. It's not enough for it to be just the people who Priuses and talk about greening, it's everybody. Everybody needs to get on it."

To vote for Sophia as Choice TV Actress: Drama, visit TeenChoiceAwards.com. You can vote every day. The two-hour event airs Monday, Aug. 9 at 8 p.m. on FOX.



Source: Zap2It



No comments: