Sunday, December 18, 2011

THE INSIDER: We Interviewed Shantel VanSanten!

---

We just love to brag about our PP alums! Shantel VanSanten is one of our biggest stars to come out of Page Parkes. She got her start at our Commercial Model & Acting Camp and has since gone on to star in films (The Final Destination) and is currently starring on CW's hit show One Tree Hill.


She's also taking on some meaty fare - her next film out, Remembrance, makes it's New York premiere at the upcoming New York Jewish Film Festival.

We are so excited that we were able to catch up with her:

1) Final Destination, One Tree Hill... Remembrance? This seems like a push towards more serious dramatic roles for you. How did you snag the part?
I think my art imitates my life a little... Through experiences I find a lot of emotion in my “tool box” and I love bringing that to my characters. I like comedy but those films found me and the roles/ characters spoke to me. I have been so fortunate to be a part of each of them.

2) What was it like shooting in Berlin?
Berlin was my favorite city I have ever been to. I never wanted to leave... I took a week vacation before shooting to explore and be a tourist. It was an INCREDIBLE city and the history there fascinates me. I visited a concentration camp called Sachesenhausen, a few hours outside the city and that was a LIFE changing experience. One I shall NEVER forget. Shooting there was a blessing even if the sound stages had NO air conditioning and it was the middle of the summer :)

3) The Holocaust is heavy subject matter. Was this an emotional role for you to take?
I was always intrigued by WW2 and was so excited I got the role because I studied it in great depth in high school and college. It was a devestating period and I always wanted to gain more knowledge about it. It was very emotional for me talking to people who went through it or had family members who survived. Every story impacted and shaped my character and me.

4) What's next for you?
Next up is the start of season 9 of One Tree Hill and it is the finale season. I am so excited for everyone to see it because I think its the BEST season EVER! I currently done filming and moving back to LA to audition and find a role that inspires me and I am passionate about! I am excited about the prospect which lye ahead!

5) What do you miss about Texas?
I miss the FOOD in Texas. Every time I go home I have a plan for where I need to go eat while Im there. And I always miss my family and friends who are there! Best state ever!

Remembrance, starring Shantel, will screen in New York on January 16 and 17.



Via : http://blog.pageparkes.com/2011/12/we-interviewed-shantel-vansanten.html





---

No comments: