Friday, December 18, 2009

New Jana Kramer interview with Alloy.com.

With seven seasons under its belt, it's no wonder that One Tree Hill is shaking things up. That's where the beautiful Jana Kramer comes in. She may be new to the show and the new face of Brooke's clothing line, "Clothes Over Bros," but we hope this new addition is a permanent one! Read on for deets about Jana's experience joining the cast and what it was like to model for the first time ever.



Was the cast welcoming when you came to One Tree Hill this season?
They were so welcoming. I was so nervous because with a show that's been on for 7 years you just never know how people are gonna be. But it's the most fun-loving cast I've ever been a part of. Everyone was so welcoming. They've been awesome.


What was your first day on set like?
My first scene was with Sophia and Lisa, who plays Millicent, and I was so nervous. Especially with girls, you just never know how it's gonna be. But now Lisa and Sophia are my closest friends on the show! And we all hang out. It's great.


How are you like and unlike your character, Alex?
Alex is crazy. I'm kind of a complex girl, so I definitely have different sides, too, just like Alex. But she's really all over the place. I love her. She sheds some emotion and I'm definitely emotional, and I love to have fun and that's part of Alex, too. She's so much fun and so am I.


Were you a fan of OTH before you got the part?
I hate to admit this, but I actually never watched the show. But now I'm on the fourth season so I'm catching up and I'm like, "This is a really good show!" When I decided to audition, I watched some old episodes and I don't know why I didn't get into it because I really do like it a lot.


What do you like most about the episodes that you're catching up on?
I like how Sophia's character has changed so much because she really reminds me of Alex. And now I understand how Alex represents the young Brooke. Brooke was kind of crazy back in the day.


So what's it like being a model and the face of a fashion line on the show?
I've never modeled in my entire life, so at first, when I auditioned for this part, I'm like: "I have to play a model? There's no way. I'm too short. There's no model body, I have hips!" When we had to do the photo shoot, I was kind of insecure about it, but then I just kind of let loose and had fun and I loved it.


Do you agree with the idea of "clothes over bros"?
Totally. Absolutely. My boyfriends like, "Let's hang out!" and my girlfriends are like, "Let's go shopping!" I'm like, "Girlfriends! Let's go!"


What are some fashion trends that you're loving right now?
I'm loving the boyfriend jacket. I actually have it on right now. I'm in love. I think I have it in every single color. And knee-high boots. Love them.


Alex gets a lot of paparazzi attention. Have you had any fun fan experiences?

Well, OTH fans are die hard and I love them. They just know everything about you. I remember my first day on set they were yelling my name and I'm like, "How do they know my name?" It's so weird. But it was fun. They're just so energetic and there's definitely a lot of fans in North Carolina. They come up to me and they're like, "Can I have a picture?" I'm like, "Are you sure? I'm in my workout clothes but OK!"


On the show, you have a movie that you're trying to get produced. What's your all-time fave movie?
My all-time favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. And then more comedy-wise, I love How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. You just can't go wrong with that movie. Recently, I loved The Proposal -- that was a great film. But I'd say all-time favorite is definitely Shawshank.


You've done a lot of TV in the past -- 90210, Friday Night Lights, Entourage -- what's different about OTH from other shows you've worked on?
I just feel like it's so much more of a family on this show. I don't know if it's because I'm a series regular, but everyone's just so much nicer and I have so much fun with everyone. Not that other people weren't nice, but I guess it's just because now I'm recurring and then I was a guest star so I didn't really feel like I fit in, but with this show I'm part of a family.




No comments: