Monday, December 14, 2009

TDW Exclusive: Helen Ward Reveals the Secrets Behind Peyton’s Artwork on One Tree Hill



As I watch and rewatch certain episodes of One Tree Hill, I never tire of seeing Peyton’s artwork. Even when you take out the connections it has to the storyline, the artistic talent there still just blows me away. I always wondered just who was responsible for it and so I did what all the Millenials do: I googled it.Lo and behold, I came across the name Helen Ward and tracked her down via her Web site.

Helen was kind enough to take some out of her busy schedule to give TDW the behind-the-scenes dish on creating art for One Tree Hill.

TeenDramaWhore: What was the process of joining One Tree Hill as an artist? Surely it’s not the same as casting an actress, right?

Helen Ward: Before joining OTH, I had already worked as a set designer, storyboard artist and illustrator for a number of films. But I still had to try out for the job. I think they asked a bunch of people to give their shot at a particular drawing. They were pretty specific about what they were looking for. I guess my work was closest. I got the job.


Read the rest here: Exclusive: Helen Ward Reveals the Secrets Behind Peyton’s Artwork on One Tree Hill « TeenDramaWhore.




No comments: