Tuesday, August 2, 2011

StarNews: Ashley Rickards talks “One Tree Hill,” “Awkward” and salad recipes

---


Ashley Rickards has a request for the chef at Deluxe in downtown Wilmington: Would you mind sharing a recipe?

The actress, now starring in the quirky high school comedy “Awkward” on MTV ( 11 p.m. Tuesdays), spent about eight months in the Wilmington area a few years ago playing foster kid Sam Walker on the locally filmed drama “One Tree Hill.”

And during her stay, she fell in love with one of Deluxe’s menu items.

“I am still trying to recreate this salad that I had there,” she said last week while promoting “Awkward” at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “It was a bunch of root vegetables baked to a perfect, sort of, a little bit crunchy, a little but soft. And it had a sweet marinade but with bleu cheese on it. It was the best salad I have ever had. And I can’t find a recipe, I don’t know how to make it, and I’m about to fly back to Wilmington just to go interrogate that chef. I need to know!”

Rickards stayed at the Hilton and Riverview Suites during her stay, and spent a lot of her time off set working out while watching another popular show about young people.


Via : Ashley Rickards talks “One Tree Hill,” “Awkward” and salad recipes – We Love TV – Wilmington Star News – Wilmington, NC – Archive.




---

No comments: