Tuesday, August 2, 2011

StarNews: “One Tree Hill” producer: “I don’t want to say definitely” it’s the end

---


I want to preface this blog by saying that there is no reason to think that season 9 of “One Tree Hill” will not be the final season. That’s how the network is billing this season, and everyone from the stars to the crew is working under that assumption. Even I believe it, and I have always been one to say that the show would be back year after year.

But you’ll excuse executive producer Mike Tollin if he’s taking a “I’ll believe it when I see it” approach.

“I don’t want to say definitely,” Tollin told me last week at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “Until they call it off we are still answering the bell.”

Tollin picked a metaphor that applies to his upcoming ESPN movie “The Real Rocky,” following the life of Chuck Wepner, whose fight with Muhammad Ali inspired the movie “Rocky.” Tollin produced the film directed by Jeff Feuerzeig.

But Tollin took a few minutes to reflect on “One Tree Hill,” which he calls “the show that will never die.”


Read More: “One Tree Hill” producer: “I don’t want to say definitely” it’s the end – We Love TV – Wilmington Star News – Wilmington, NC – Archive.




---

No comments: