Wednesday, April 4, 2012

BethanyJoy: Goodnight, Tree Hill


---

Well, tonight at 8pm One Tree Hill will air it’s final episode ever, after 9 seasons.  I couldn’t let today go by without paying homage to the show where I grew up, where I learned some of my most important life lessons, where I learned about being part of a team and being a professional, and where I fell in love with a little town and its beautiful people.
I remember my screen test for the character of “Reagan” (later to be changed to “Haley”).  During my test I was in a room full of executives while reading the scene with Chad Michael Murray and there were about 4 other girls going for the part, waiting in the hallway.  There was a moment about halfway through the reading when I was sitting next to Chad and I playfully knocked the side of his leg with mine.  I felt the energy of the whole room shift and I knew at that moment I had gotten the part.  As I walked out to my car, Chad chased me down on the WB parking lot and said “Bethany!”  I turned and he gave me a big hug, saying, “Congratulations.”  I smiled thinking that was very sweet of him but I’d been in this business long enough to know that nothing’s for sure until you see it on screen.  Sure enough, a few hours later I got a phone call that I had 7 days to pack up my life and move to Wilmington, North Carolina.


Via :  Wish You Were Here.





---

No comments: