Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TV.com: 10 Minutes with One Tree Hill ’s James Lafferty


Back in 2003, James Lafferty was just another fresh-faced 18-year-old and One Tree Hill was just another WB teen soap opera. But seven seasons later, both Lafferty and OTH are still on the air, having survived the move to The CW in 2006 and the show’s loss of stars Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton in 2009. Lafferty’s character, Nathan Scott, started out as the cocky star of Tree Hill High School’s basketball team; now he’s a husband, father, and professional NBA player. I spoke to Lafferty about Nathan’s growth, his own growth, and perhaps most importantly, his hair.


TV.com: When One Tree Hill began, you were a teenager. How do you think you’ve changed over the last seven years?

James Lafferty: That’s a big question. I mean, how does anybody change from the time that they’re 18 till they’re 25? Everything kind of changes. You see the world much differently, and you get your priorities in order a little bit more. I think it’s been great that the show has been a constant in my life since I was 18. I’ve been able to learn and grow with the show. It’s helped me define my work ethic and turned me from a boy into a man. You know what I mean? …And I’ve had opportunities to do things that I never thought I would do. I never thought I would direct television, and I’ve got a couple episodes under my belt now.



Via : 10 Minutes with One Tree Hill ’s James Lafferty – TV.com.






No comments: