Saturday, May 14, 2011

8.21 Flightless Bird, American Mouth Quotes

---


Mouth: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to an historic night of basketball. I’m Mouth McFadden and I’m along with my gamey partner Jimmy Edwards and, Jimmy, we’re in for a treat tonight.

Jamie: Its a bird, the Snipey Plover. It’s endangered.
Nathan: How do you know these things?
Jamie: I go to school, dad.
Nathan: That’s good. Stay in school, don’t do drugs.

Nathan: You can hang out with us instead. Except not in that shirt, who are you? Brian Boitano?
Clay: Brian Boitano won the gold in men’s figure skating.
Nathan: That’s my point, exactly.

Nathan: You’re a strange guy.
Clay: I know!
Nathan: No, seriously. You’re stranger than I thought you were.
Clay: You’re just noticing this? I’m a weird dude, an odd duck.

Jamie: This’s gonna be a blast, uh, Clay?
Clay [selflessly]: Yeah, this is really awesome.
Jamie [to Nathan]: How come he is wearing mom’s shirt?

Chuck [hits Nathan] CHUCK!
Nathan [hits him back]: NATHAN!

Chase: Alex (‘s gone) too. I mean, why will I care about she’s gone?
Nathan: Nice try.
Julian: Uhu.

Millie: I can totally do serious.
Boss: Maybe don’t go with the costume.
Millie: Got it.

Millie: It was weird that you were staying on your head, right?
Mouth: Totally, in case you didn’t notice, I’m weird, Millie, I’m an odd duck.

Chuck: Laaame!
Nathan: Speaking of lame, where is Clay?

Lauren: Unless you’re Brian Boitano.
Quinn: I think Clay’s got that shirt.

Nathan: Is there any place you’d rather be right now?
Clay: Puerto Rico.

Lauren: Hey, have you guys seen my shirt? Uh? Uh?

Mouth: Make sure you speak to the fact that it’s generational and small towns are define by places and things that we sometimes take for granted.

Nathan: You know, sometimes I think about when we were kids and the memories I have of my parents and their friends and then I think ‘this what they’ll remember when they look back.’ You know, these are the days they’ll tell stories about. That’s when I feel like I can do better, that I have the responsibility to try.

Julian [after telling Nathan that Brooke and him are pregnant]: I hope it’s a girl and that she’s just like her mom and that, someday, she’ll be best friends with Lydia Scott.
Nathan: I’ll drink to that.

Clay: I don’t understand camping. We’ve houses. We have beds, showers, flat irons…

Quinn: Sometimes it strikes me how poverty and privilege became silent neighbours and the world just keeps going… because it has to.

Chuck [to Chase]: I don’t want you to go.

Chase: Hope you know I was gonna tell you. A matter of fact, you’re the one I was worry about the most.
Chuck: Why?
Chase: Because I’m gonna miss you. Because we’re friends.
Chuck: Are you ever gonna come back?
Chase: Dude, of course I’m gonna come back

Mouth: Kids have grown up here. I should know, I was one of them. [...] The truth is that a town’s identity is made of places like this one and once they’re gone, they’re gone. [...] [Looking to Nathan] A lot of lost kids found their way to something better in this park, in a confusing world, at a confusing time in their lives. They found something that made sense here and they became better people because of it. Surely that is what preserves it.

Chuck [watching the bike that Chase bought him]: Man, this is better than those pictures miss Lauren sent me!

Haley: Karen’s cafe was always so special to us. Karen made sure of that and you too. I just thought maybe after you move I’ll reopen it and call it Karen’s cafe and maybe Jamie and Lydia will feel the same way that we did: safe, you know?




Thanks to - OTHBlog





---

No comments: