Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Examiner: Shantel Van Santen on ’One Tree Hill’s’ Finale & Her Journey On The Show!

---


Actress Shantel Van Santen has been on a vibrant journey of growth these past two years both with herself and her character of Quinn James on One Tree Hill. In our final interview of the season, Shantel reflects on her experiences since joining the CW drama in 2009 and how they made her into the actress she is today. She talks about the fun moments, the challenging ones, the friendships and why she’s so grateful for all of them! Shantel also tells fans what can be expected from the finale and shares what she will most take away from One Tree Hill.

If the series does end this year, fans of the show will have taken a lot away from Shantel as well. Her sincere and admirable qualities have led her to make a real difference in the lives of so many young women with her inspiring interview for the True Beauty campaign. At just 25 Shantel showed much courage and strength when she shared her story for the first time-and by doing so she gave strength to girls struggling by making them feel supported by her words. You know someone has touched lives when the feedback to their interview includes comments like ‘being saved and changed for the better’, and when parts of it are being quoted on girls mirrors at school! And that’s exactly what Shantel Van Santen has done and just another thing in her life she expresses her true gratitude for her. In addition to the influence of One Tree Hill, Shantel talked about the impact the responses to her True Beauty interview had on her and why she’s thankful for them every day!

We’ve talked about this but for all the girls who responded and whom you helped with your Team True Beauty interview, I wanted to briefly talk in here about the powerful feedback you’ve been receiving. Just a few days ago I received a message from a girl saying she wants to meet you so she can thank you for changing her life with your interview. You made such a profound impact by sharing your story.

Shantel- It’s so amazing. I wish I could meet everybody. I wish I could go up to them and give everybody a hug that way they really knew me. I know when you read interviews that you feel supported in there, but I just feel so strongly that I wish everybody knew they’re not alone. Or they didn’t have to feel that way. I’m not what defines beauty, or healthy, or skinny, I can only be what I am.


Via : Shantel Van Santen on ’One Tree Hill’s’ Finale & Her Journey On The Show! – National one tree hill | Examiner.com.




---

No comments: