Monday, January 18, 2010

Starplus Q&A With Robert Buckley: New Addition To ‘One Tree Hill’ & Economics Consultant?



With One Tree Hill returning to the CW tonight, Starpulse had a chance to chat with Robert Buckley and learned a few interesting things about the actor along the way. Ladies, the good news is that he is single. The bad news is that he won’t do interviews without his shirt on anymore.


Robert Buckley



Starpulse: We just saw the interview you did with E! News, and you said you wouldn’t take your shirt off for interviews anymore!
Buckley: The CW asked me to try to keep my shirt on every now and then so it’s great if I have some self restraint and do that.


You graduated from USC with an economics degree. How did you decide to go into acting? Was that something you always wanted to do?

I remember having friends in high school that did the theater department stuff, and I always wanted to try it but never had the guts to. I was the class clown but could never really build up the courage to try it. I took one acting class and really enjoyed it. I told myself that if I didn’t get any of the jobs I wanted after college that I would go to LA and try acting for a year. By that point I realized that I had the desire to at least try it.

I went out for all of my job interviews and got the last job I applied for – it was at an economic litigation firm. I worked in a cubicle and was really bored, I remember calling my mom on day two and being like, “I need to resign.” I did that for a year and a half and told my boss I was going to leave and travel Asia while getting my MBA- and actually I was going to LA to be an actor. Ironically enough my first commercial I booked right away, it was me dancing like an idiot in a commercial. It came on TV and I got a call from my boss asking me how Asia was- he must have seen the commercial. They were cool about it, friendly at least.



Via : Q&A With Robert Buckley: New Addition To ‘One Tree Hill’ & Economics Consultant? – Starpulse Entertainment News.




No comments: