Sunday, January 10, 2010

TDW Exclusive: Get Reacquainted With One Tree Hill’s Lindsey McKeon




Well, One Tree Hill fans, we’re in the home stretch! The show comes back from hiatus one week from tomorrow. As the promo for 7.13 shows, we’ll be seeing a familiar face: Taylor James, sister to Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten).

Taylor, played by Lindsey McKeon, was introduced in season 2 (Episode 2.11, The Heart Brings You Back), when she returns to Tree Hill after getting kicked out of college. Her homecoming turns sour when Nathan (James Lafferty) recalls that Taylor was the first girl he ever slept with, complicating his relationship with Haley. After causing a bit more damage, Taylor leaves town (Episode 2.13, The Hero Dies In This One)–but Nathan meets up with her later in the season (Episode 2.18, The Lonesome Road). Viewers actually had a chance to vote in a poll on whether the two characters would sleep together. Fans voted against it and we haven’t seen Taylor since…until now.

It seemed only natural, then, to seek out McKeon for an update on both her whereabouts and Taylor’s. Here’s hoping this wets your appetite just enough to get through the next eight days:



http://s11.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/c/8/c8nt3wj5nffaw358.jpg


TeenDramaWhore: Do you remember what first attracted you to the role of Taylor?

Lindsey McKeon: The fact that she is “free spirited,” says and does things that I or most people wouldn’t do and that she shakes things up a bit! To me, it’s great to play a character that “allows me to act out of character.” That’s what’s so brilliant about this art!!


TDW: Fans have been hoping for Taylor’s return for years. How did this come about?

McKeon: Grace… You know, I’m not sure exactly, but I’m glad it did!


TDW: What can you tell us about your appearance? Will it be for more than one episode?

McKeon: Taylor returns for at least 3 episodes and does what she does best!!! ;)


TDW: What do you think Taylor’s been up to in the years that have passed? Is she still the James family’s wild child?

McKeon: I believe she’s traveled around and tried to “find herself” in many different places, which has given her an experiential yet sometimes painful life. And though home is where the heart is for her, I believe it’s one of the most difficult and challenging places for her to be.


TDW: Many fans are also familiar with you from your prior roles on Saved By The Bell: The New Class and Guiding Light. What are you most recognized for?

McKeon: It’s funny to me that all these years later I still get recognized from Saved By The Bell. I have no idea what I get recognized for the most, though I’ve heard ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia’ ‘One Tree Hill’ and ‘Saved By The Bell’ a bunch. But mostly I just get people telling me that I “look familiar” or “remind them of someone famous.”


TDW: What was your reaction when you found out Guiding Light was going off the air?

McKeon: It was something that had been buzzing around the set when I was still there [in 2004], so it wasn’t a big shock. For me mostly, I’m just interested to see what path everyone’s new lives will be taking!


TDW: What other projects are you working on now?

McKeon: There are a couple films that are in the works and a couple in the process of coming out! Repo and The Land That Time Forgot being two of them. You can always stay up to date by checking IMDB.com!!


TDW: What do you like to do in your spare time?

McKeon: I love to travel, yoga, meditation, workout, dance, see LOTS of movies and spend time with the ones who are closest to me.


TDW: Many celebrities have gotten Twitter accounts to interact with their fans. Have you thought of getting one? Do you have an official site I can direct people to?

McKeon: Sorry, I do not have a Twitter account and I no longer have an official website.


TDW: My research also led me to this MySpace account that claims to be you. Is it actually yours?

McKeon: No, I have never had a MySpace!




Via :
Exclusive: Get Reacquainted With One Tree Hill’s Lindsey McKeon « TeenDramaWhore.





No comments: