Monday, August 17, 2009

Seventeen.com: Ashley Rickards Style


Chad Michael Murray isn’t the only hot person on One Tree Hill We caught up with Ashley Rickards who, in the neverending plot twist of OTH plays runaway foster child Samantha Walker. Find out what she wants to steal from the set and her fave parts of being on One Tree Hill below...


17: Were you a big fan of One Tree Hill before you were on it?

Ashley Rickards: I hadn’t heard of it when I auditioned. But then I’d go and watch it on SoapNet on the weekends and I easily became addicted. It was awesome because I would always know what was happening. I’d get the script ahead of time. I felt like I had a VIP pass.

17: Is your style at all similar to your character’s style on One Tree Hill?

AR: If I’m in a really bad mood, it is a lot like Sam’s, yeah

17: Is there anything you wanted to steal from the set

AR: Totally There was this great Ralph Lauren leather jacket that I actually found at a vintage store. I was really good friends with the wardrobe person at the time. So I called her and was like, “Carol, this is perfect for the show, but my mom won’t by it for me”. And we got it on the show and I totally wanted to keep it.

17: Have you gotten to keep any clothes from the set?

AR: Not from the show, because it’s kind of interesting, they have to keep it all in case they do flashbacks or anything. This season they did a ton of flashbacks with Peyton and Lucas from like five years ago. While I was in Wilmington, though, I found these Domino Jeans - they’re a Canadian brand. And I love them, they’re amazing Once you try Domino Jeans you won’t go back to anything else.

17: How’s the shopping in Wilmington, North Carolina, where One Tree Hill films?

AR: It’s okay. When you find a good place, it’s a really good place. There’s a store called Oliver that has really cute clothes.

17: What is the biggest fashion faux pas you’ve ever committed?

AR: When I was 13 I used to be obsessed with big bright pink sparkly clothes. And I just, oh my goodness, that is my biggest pet peeve right now. I probably looked like some pink Christmas tree or like I don’t even know. I committed many during the 12-13 age. I have this one picture. I have this hot pink vinyl raincoat and I lived in that for a year. That was definitely the worst fashion faux paus ever

17: What is your favorite beauty product?

AR: Forever Waterproof eyeliner. It’s from Maybelline. It just changes your life. It’s really cool.

17: How pumped are you for next season?

AR: I’m very excited. I love that show. I love shooting it, everything about it. The cast is great to work with and I learned so much from acting techniques from different ways to shoot things. If I ever want to direct something — which I do want to do — I’ve learned from them.


Via : Ashley Rickards Style - One Tree Hill - Seventeen.com.


No comments: