Monday, August 31, 2009

TeenDramaWhore Exclusive: Colin Fickes on Playing Jimmy Edwards, One Tree Hill’s School Shooter



~***~


Colin Fickes made teen drama history when he starred on One Tree Hill as Jimmy Edwards, a high school outcast turned school shooter. The storyline remains one of the most-loved by critics and fans alike, giving Colin one of his career highlights.


Colin was kind enough to provide an inside look at the making of “With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept,” the 16th episode of One Tree Hill’s third season.

TeenDramaWhore: Years before you started on One Tree Hill, you appeared on two episodes of Dawson’s Creek (Episode 2.3, Alternative Lifestyles and Episode 2.9, The Election). How did that come about?

Colin Fickes: First off, thank you for taking the time to interview me! I grew up in Raleigh, NC doing community theater and I’d audition for projects that came through NC. I had a wonderful agent in Raleigh who would submit young actors in the area for various TV and film projects. They were seeing people in LA and NC for the role of Kenny Reiling, and I was lucky enough to get to audition and subsequently land the part.

TDW: On One Tree Hill, you were introduced in the first few episodes and then were off-canvas until season three in 2006. What was your reaction when you found out a) they were bringing you back and b) what the storyline was?

Fickes: I was completely shocked when I found out that Mark Schwahn wanted to reintroduce the character of Jimmy Edwards. I remember getting called into his office on the Warner Brothers lot, having no clue what the meeting would entail. He pitched me his brilliant idea, and I immediately said yes. I knew that it would be a tough few weeks of preparation and filming, but I was up for the challenge. I enjoy playing interesting character roles, and where he wanted to go with Jimmy Edwards was exactly where I wanted to be.

Read the rest: Exclusive: Colin Fickes on Playing Jimmy Edwards, One Tree Hill’s School Shooter « TeenDramaWhore.



-----

No comments: