Monday, May 10, 2010

7.21 What’s in the Ground Belongs to You Quotes




Brooke: I loved the scenes with them on the balcony and the way he looks at her when she’s sleeping.

Haley: Someone once said that death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. I could tell you who said it, but who the hell cares.

Josh: I can’t believe I have to pretend to be with you you you. Hear that? It’s the echo from your crotch.

Haley: It all just feels so fake, ya know? This idea that good things happen to good people. That there’s magic in the world, and that the meek and the righteous will inherit it. Too many good people suffer for that to be true. Too many prayers go unanswered. And every day it just gets worse. Every day we ignore how truly broken this world is, and we tell ourselves it’s all going to be okay. But it’s not going to be okay. And once you know that, there’s no going back. There’s no magic in the world…at least today there isn’t.

Nathan: We’re all crazy Hales, some of us just hide it better than others.

Julian: Maybe the movie sucks. No, I’m serious, why did I get involved with film in the first place?

Brooke: Because when you were a little boy your dad took you to see The Thin Red Line and it was the best day you ever had.

Julian: You don’t know me Brooke Davis.

Chase: Relationships suck.

Alex: I’m supposed to the one with the relationship problems, you’re supposed to be the bartender that’s a little rough around the edges and listens to all my problems.

(Alexander and Victoria fall out of a changing room) Brooke: Really!? Please tell me Millicent isn’t in there too!

Haley: I was thinking about the finality of it all – how someone can leave your world in the blink of an eye and be gone forever. It’s too enormous to think about. It’s too hard. And then you’re just supposed to go on, like you’re supposed to just deal with it, but really you’re only supposed to be sad for as long as the flowers last and then you’re supposed to go back to telling jokes and reminiscing about the old days. I don’t have any jokes to tell, in fact I hope I don’t hear another joke for as long as I live. And the old days are just gone.

Haley: It’s not gonna work. Whatever prize you find in that box is not gonna fix me.

Nathan: Why not? It fixed me.

Nathan: (about Haley) She’s always been everything to us, now it’s our turn to be her everything.

Julian: I’ll take a beer…I’ve heard about your mixed drinks.

Chase: Don’t be mean.

Julian: I’ve got this theory that if the phone was invented after texting people would be all like “wow, you can actually HEAR the person!”

Haley: I just tell myself to be happy. But I don’t feel happy. And when I try to change it, when I try to remember what being happy felt like, I can’t. I don’t feel joy. I don’t feel inspired. I just feel numb.

Victoria: (to Haley): I know you’re in a great deal of pain right now, but I also know you’re aware of the choices you’re making. So I want you to listen to me. Then you can say something dismissive or snarky and be on your way. Sit. Please. Your mother was proud of you. And it would break her heart to know that her beautiful, kind, inspired daughter was suffering like this. I know that, because I’m a mother, too. And so are you. Our lives are difficult. Our losses are great sometimes. So grive. Struggle. Find your way back on your own terms and in your own way. But remember this: your mother would want you to be vibrant and inspiring in the face of her loss. She would want you to fight your pain with all you’ve got. Because that’s the daughter she raised. And that’s the daughter she loved.

Nathan and Quinn listen to Lydia’s Voicemail: (Haley’s voice) Mom, it’s me. I know you’re gone. And you’re not coming back, but I was just thinking maybe somehow I could see you again or be able to talk to you or hear your voice. I snapped at Jamie today again, and he didn’t deserve it, and I don’t know why I did it, I just did. He deserves better than who I am right now and so does Nathan. Every day we ignore how truly broken this world truly is…(narration continues from earlier in the episode)




Thanks to - OTHBlog.





No comments: