Thursday, May 20, 2010

MTV: ‘One Tree Hill’ Star Robert Buckley Celebrates Renewal News



“One Tree Hill” is the CW’s version of the little engine that could. Every time it looks like the show is about to get canceled, its dedicated and vocal fanbase come to the rescue, demanding another season. Star Robert Buckley (Clay) told MTV News on the green carpet at the CW upfronts on Thursday (May 20) that he didn’t get the news of their renewal for season eight until this week.

“Oh my God! We got picked up. Woo!” he exclaimed, kidding that he just found out on the carpet. “No, I found out on Tuesday morning-ish, and I found out from an Internet website. Just goes to show you the power of the press.”

Earlier this week, Buckley stopped by the MTV Newsroom and revealed that he didn’t believe that Monday night’s episode would be the series finale, even though he still wasn’t sure. “It was funny. I did an interview on Monday, before I went to MTV, and they said, ‘Congrats on your pickup!’ And so, yeah, I found out Tuesday, [even though] Monday people were telling me we were picked up and we weren’t.”

Despite the kind words from fans and the press on Monday, Buckley didn’t want to jinx anything before he got the official word that they’d be back for more drama. “We were about to go into the interview, and I was like, ‘You need to not say were picked up because were not,’ ” he said. “And how awkward would that be?”


Check out the video here: ‘One Tree Hill’ Star Robert Buckley Celebrates Renewal News – News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News.





No comments: