Tuesday, September 14, 2010

TVSquad: ‘Life Unexpected’ Creator Liz Tigelaar on ‘One Tree Hill’ Crossover, New Characters and More



How did the ‘One Tree Hill’ crossover come about?

Kate Voegele, who plays Mia, is performing at a music festival in Portland that Cate and Ryan’s radio station is hosting. Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti), her producer, comes along with her and ends up performing as well. It turns out that Haley and Cate have all these ways that they’re similar that they discover in the course of spending time together: They both were kind of dorky nerdy high school valedictorians who got pregnant in high school by athletes named Nate or Nathan. I was like “Wait, what? Oh my god, this is amazing. This is a perfect crossover.” It was very resonant with the story we wanted to tell anyway, so the timing was perfect.

It’s amazing. It came about because The CW said we had to do a crossover. I was like “Great, is Mark Schwahn writing it?” And then they were like “No, you are. It’s your crossover onto your show.” And I was like “Crap,” because I thought “Is that one less episode for me? I’m psyched! I can get caught up.” But it ended up being wonderful because they were nice enough to send their people to us to help our show. We’re still growing and building, so they’re sending their characters with the hopes that their audience will come to us after them.



Via : ‘Life Unexpected’ Creator Liz Tigelaar on ‘One Tree Hill’ Crossover, New Characters and More.









No comments: