Monday, November 30, 2009

Behind-the-Scenes with James Lafferty


Lafferty has played Nathan since 2003/Fred Norris CW Photo

Actor James Lafferty had just finished high school when he landed the role of Nathan Scott on 'One Tree Hill'. The Hemet, Calif. native has literally grown up on the show that launched his career. Yet as Lafferty recently discussed with me during our interview, the life he has been living on-screen through his character is one that has led him to grow up on a whole new level as he has learned about life in more ways than he ever imagined he would at 24. And this he says is something he has truly enjoyed about his role as a husband, father, and basketball star.

Q-Nathan is one of the character's on the show who has really developed and matured throughout the seasons, have you enjoyed playing that evolution?

James-Yeah we started with Nathan in high school and now him being a father and husband, it's really exciting. It's just another layer of a challenge for me because I'm still younger and I'm certainly not ready to take on the types of personalities that Nathan has to handle. But it's cool, it's great for me to play that kind of thing.


Lafferty, Bethany Joy Galoetti, Jackson Brundage/CW TV

Q-You have great on-screen father-son chemistry with Jackson Brundage. It seems very natural. Do you have a younger brother or someone in your life on which you drew playing a young dad from?

James-No I haven't ever spent consistently the amount of time with a young person the way that I have with Jackson. So that was another learning experience for me as well, personally in my life too, to see and watch him grow up.

A-What was it like for you to have Nathan finally make it to the NBA?

James-It was exciting to have Nathan realize his dream of making it to the NBA. We didn't know at that point when we were shooting if it was going to be the end of the show or if there was going to be more to do so you know it seemed like not only a great way to end it if it was going to be the end, but if there was gonna be more for Nathan, it would be a great storyline to come back with, with him in the NBA. So it was exciting.

Q-What do you think you would be doing if you were not acting?

James- My life would've definitely taken a much different path, probably something more conventional, maybe something creative. Recently I've taken up photography and I really loved it. So I like to think that if I didn't get on the show then I probably would have gone to college and maybe found another creative arena to express myself, or try to make a living with.

Q-What about Basketball? We know you're good at that!

James-I did play basketball, but it wasn't anything that I could have done for a career.

Q-If you could go back in time and live someone else's life for a day, who would it be and why?

James-Probably author Jack Kerouac. It just seemed like he led a very interesting life. The way he lived was very unorthodox and unique. I'd like to see what he was like.


Via : http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-22650-One-Tree-Hill-Examiner~y2009m11d30-BehindtheScenes-with-James-Lafferty#


No comments: