Monday, November 16, 2009

Jana Kramer stirs the plot on 'One Tree Hill'

Jana Kramer was only supposed to be a guest on the CW's 'One Tree Hill', but viewers loved her role of the obnoxious actress/model Alex Dupre so much that she has now become a permanent Tree Hill resident. I recently had the pleasure of speaking with the talented and beautiful actress who discussed with me how her character is only going to make things even more interesting for her Tree Hill neighbors, and why 'One Tree Hill' is the best show she has ever been on!

Congratulations on becoming a regular! What was your reaction when you found out your were staying?

Jana-I was so excited. I love being a part of the show. I love my character.

What drew you to play the role of Alex Dupre?

Jana-I love her, she has so many different personalities. You don't know if she's being funny, if she's being conveying, if she's being mean. She's kind of all over the place and that's what I love about her. She's so much fun.

Do you have a favorite side of Alex that you like to play from her many personalities?

Jana-I'm still trying to figure her out but the episode that just aired('Now you lay your eyes to the sun') was my favorite work that I've done with her because she finally told the truth. It was actually very hard for me too because you know when we cry and get upset, it was bringing up past emotions too, so it was an honest moment for me and for my character about the things that we need or being alone so it was a hard day. That was my favorite time from her though. Then of course when she's being obnoxious is fun too.

What can you tell us about what's going to happen with Alex and Julian?

Jana-I can say that Julian is definitely gonna stay by my side. I don't think that he's gonna give up on me. There's something there. And then hoping that my movie takes off too. The script that we've been working on, we're hoping that comes to play too.

Do you think she really likes Julian or does she just need him for her self-confidence?

Jana-I think she's finally found a guy that actually takes her seriously. I think it's refreshing that she's finally found someone that actually believes in what she does and believes in her work.

What has working with Austin Nichols so much been like?

Jana-I love Austin. He's fabulous. I love working with him and he's definitely helped me bring out some great stuff, so I owe a lot of it to Austin.

On working with Sophia Bush

Jana-I was really nervous coming on set because they've been there for seven years and it's always nerve wracking to go on a show and not really know how the people are but she's[Sophia] become one of my closest friend's on the show. I love her and she's one of my very dear friend's. She's very very sweet.

On what's happening with the Brooke & Alex relationship

Jana-There's some stuff that happens in the next few episodes. She comes to see me and something happens. I'm not gonna model for her again but there's something else that we're going to be doing together. She's gonna be helping me and Austin(Julian) with something.

On Alex interacting with other characters on the show

Jana-I really would like to do a scene with Jackson, he's adorable and I was like Mark write an episode where Alex babysits Jackson(Jamie). And he was like I don't think anybody would hire Alex as a babysitter, and I told him but she's getting her act together. It would be the funnest show ever me babysitting Jackson(Jamie)! We would be like two little kids, it would be so much fun! But for some reason he's like Noooo! And I'm like oh come on!

Millicent and Alex almost seem to have switched lives recently. What can you tell us about what's going to happen with that storyline?

Jana-It's gonna get even worse is all I can say about that. It gets pretty nasty. On a side note Lisa(Millicent) is also my very close friend here and it's hard to almost be mean to each other because I love her so much..I don't wanna make her cry. She's such a sweet girl. But her character is headed for a pretty rocky road.

Do you think that the pressure to be thin in the public eye is still pretty prominent? Is 'One Tree Hill' being realistic with that by having Alex and Millicent strive to be so thin?

Jana-It is and it's really really bad. In Los Angeles there's like this awful image because the girls are so skinny. I don't think it's attractive what so ever and I also think that it gives a bad image to kids that are in their early teens. It's not healthy. That's what I like about this show because there are actually real in-fit women, not like super stick thin thin girls you know. They're healthy.

Your character can be very outspoken and tends to easily insult people, was is it hard or strange for you to insult the older cast members like when you worked with Daphne Zuniga?

Jana-Nope because when she's on set she's in her character so it's easy. I get into mine and I just do it. I love Daphne though. She's so much fun

Why do you think Alex is the way she is?

Jana-We haven't gotten to her back story yet. I haven't been told her upbringing and about her choices where they come from, so I've kinda made choices for myself....we've never brought that up yet but I hope we do explain her.

What would you like to see happen with Alex by the end of the season?

Jana-I would like for her movie to get made. I want her to find love, to find someone who cares for her and loves her.

What has working and living in Wilmington been like for you?

Jana-I lived in Los Angeles so it's very different, the weather is different. It's very humid in Wilmington. It's a really small town, but I love it. There's the beach here. The fans travel so far to see the show. I met fans from France even! They're just all so sweet. I'm here for them.

You've had a wide range of experiences on other television shows. You were on '90210', 'Entourage', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Friday Night Lights', just to name a few, how do they all differ from working on 'One Tree Hill'?

Jana-This is definitely my favorite cast and crew that I've worked with. It's the best character I've ever played. I'm a part of a family now. Everyone's been so great.



Via : http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-22650-One-Tree-Hill-Examiner~y2009m11d16-Jana-Kramer-stirs-the-plot-on-One-Tree-Hill





No comments: