Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TDW Exclusive: Access Hollywood’s Maria Menounos Talks One Tree Hill



With a hand in both the entertainment industry and the non-profit sector (through her charity Take Action Hollywood), Maria Menounos is arguably one of the busiest and most successful guest-stars ever to be on a teen drama. Both before and after her recurring role on One Tree Hill as Jules, Menounos has been one of television’s most recognizable personalities.


TeenDramaWhore: One Tree Hill was your first recurring role on a television series. What made you want to stray from hosting?

Maria Menounos: I’m the type of person who enjoys wearing a lot of different hats – acting is another hat I enjoy wearing. At Emerson College, I studied both broadcast journalism and film.


TDW: What aspects of hosting prepared you for acting?

Menounos: There are so many aspects. The technical aspects of production – going through hair and make up, having call times, dealing with crew, etc. Also, in my case, it helped me learn more about directing but, more importantly, how to be comfortable on camera.


TDW: What attracted you to the role of Jules?

Menounos: I was really excited to work with the show creator, Mark Schwahn, who said he had an amazing role for me. I knew any role he would create would be a great one.


TDW: Were you familiar with the show before you joined?

Menounos: I had seen a few episodes but definitely enjoyed what I had seen.


Via : Exclusive: Access Hollywood’s Maria Menounos Talks One Tree Hill « TeenDramaWhore.




No comments: