Monday, February 1, 2010

#5 on the top tv ships of 2010 list by Portrait Magazine.




#5. Nathan Scott & Haley James Scott [One Tree Hill]
“Always and Forever."





You know the expression “love conquers all”? Nathan and Haley are a rare example of that. Love isn’t easy – it’s about facing the highs and lows together, making mistakes but learning from them, fighting battles, sharing dreams, forgiveness and trust. It’s about knowing that the bad and ugly come with the happy and good. It’s about knowing that everything you’ve gone through is worth it because nothing else matters in comparison. Nathan and Haley have gone through it all – fights, separations, tragedy, jealousy, losing dreams, chasing dreams, alleged affairs, conflicting commitments, but in the end they’ve stood by each other and built a wonderful life together with their son Jamie. It is a life that is strong and weathered the storm and cannot be torn down so easily.


It hasn’t all been angst and drama for Nathan and Haley – they are one of the most inspiring couples on television whose small and simple moments are just as definitive as the big moments. Fans love seeing these two together onscreen in any capacity because the joy they emit is infectious.





Classic Shipper Moment: These two have had so many wonderful shipper moments over the past seven seasons that it is difficult to just pick one. Instead we’ve chosen some inspirational words from their re-marriage ceremony in season three that truly demonstrate why this ship is so adored.


Haley: “Nathan, it's been said that there is one word that will free us from the weight and pain of life. And, that word is love, and I believe that. It doesn't mean that it hasn't been hard or that it won't be. It just means that I found a stillness and bravery in myself with you. You make me brave and I will love you until the end of time."


Lucas: "The last time I gave a speech about Nathan and Haley was, well at their first reception. I remember saying, 'Prepare to be surprised.' Well, I have to say even I was surprised; because, you see they do something that's very rare to see in someone our age. Actually, it's very rare to see in anybody; they give their hearts to each other, unconditionally. And, that's what true love really is. It's not this fairytale life that never knows pain, but it's two souls facing it together and diminishing it with unconditional love. To Nathan and Haley Scott."



Brooke: I'm not the most eloquent speaker, so I thought I would borrow a few words from Shakespeare. 'Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds.' When life gets hard, when things change, true love remains the same. I look at Nathan and Haley and some how I feel safer. I don't know if I can explain that, but they give me hope. And, I'm afraid say it out loud because maybe if life finds out it'll try to beat it out of them and that will be a shame. Because, we all can use a little hope sometimes, you know. That feeling that everything’s going to be okay and that there's going to be someone there to help make sure of that. So, here's to Nathan and Haley, and here's to hope, and here's to a love that will not alter."


- 3x23: The Show Must Go On



Nathan/Haley Fanvid: Us Against the World





SOURCE : http://www.portraitmagazine.net/archives/top10tvships10.html





No comments: