Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kidult Interview with Jana Kramer





---





Jana Kramer is best known as the talented young actress from hit teen shows like Friday Night Lights, 90210 and currently One Tree Hill. (You might also remember her as the girl who came between Turtle (A.J. Ferrara) and Jamie Lynn-Sigler on HBO’s Entourage last season). Jana, 26, has proven that she has the star quality necessary to make it as a working actress, but now the Detroit native wants to prove herself in the music world. The bubbly and fun actress spoke to Kidult about what’s coming up for her character Alex Dupree on One Tree Hill this season, plus when we can expect to hear her debut album.


Where were you born and raised?

Detroit—well, like an hour north of Detroit.


What was that like?

It’s super diverse. Downtown, it’s mostly African Americans, but now it’s all mixed. It’s so funny because we all say, “Yeah, I’m from Detroit,” and then we’re like, “Well, not really, we’re like an hour north of Detroit.” So we didn’t grow up in Detroit, Detroit. I didn’t grow up on 8 mile or anything like that (Laughs)!


What were you like in high school?

I wasn’t like the popular, popular girl, but I wasn’t a geek either. I was in the middle. I wasn’t the good-looking girl of all my friends. Guys were like “Oh, she’s cute.” I kind of went through an awkward phase in high school.


If you could go back to HS and do it all over again, what would you do differently?

I wouldn’t take things so seriously, so intense, and I wouldn’t have dated my high school boyfriend for three years. I actually would’ve enjoyed not having a boyfriend. In high school, I was always upset about something, when the girls were mean or something. I just wouldn’t care as much about that.


So you wouldn’t worry so much about guys?

Our star quarterback, he was like gorgeous, and he was with all the pretty ladies, but he didn’t think I was cute. He’s like super fat, probably 250, so ugly, gross, losing his hair, and, like, they change. They’re not going to be such hot stuff anymore. {Laughs}.


Congratulations on being promoted to series regular on One Tree Hill! Your character Alex is wild and crazy. Are you enjoying playing her?

I’m in love with my character—I think she’s awesome.


In a recent episode, Alex tried to commit suicide and you had to lie in a pool of fake blood. Was that a challenging scene to film?

It was. Even though it was fake blood, I hate blood. I pass out at the sight of blood, I don’t like it. It was a very weird feeling on set because it’s not a pretty image seeing someone lying in a pool of blood. So it was hard for everybody.


Did you do any research to prepare for it?

I do a lot of research for a lot of my things, just to figure out how people can even do that, and it was sick reading some of these things.


Is Alex going to continue to come between Brook and Julian on the show?

No. I’m done. I’ve realized that he doesn’t love me.


Rumor has it that your character Alex is going to be starring in a sex tape. Is that true?

Yeah (Laughs).


What is your favorite book?

My favorite book is Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. It’s about relationships, dating in New York.


You recently got engaged to actor Jonathon Schaech, didn’t you?

He proposed to me at a skating rink because I used to figure skate. It was very, very sweet.


Are you working on anything else at the moment?

I’m working on a country album right now. I’m flying to Nashville next weekend to start working on a single, and then we’ll work on the album after that. Hopefully we’ll get a single by the summer!


Are you going to showcase your singing skills on One Tree Hill?

I’ve been talking with the producers, so we’ll see if they let me do it!



Via : 8 Miles and Running | Kidult.




No comments: